Ceepdoxnaman Cefpodoxime (Proxetil) 200 mg TABLET.
Each uncoated dispersible tablet contains:
Cerfpodoxime Proxetill I.P
E.Q to Cefpodoxime : 200mg
Excipients : q.s.
Colour : Eryhtrosine
Dosage: As directed by the Physician.
Store protected from light & moisture, at a temperature not exceeding 30’C
Keep out of reach of children.
Cefpodoxime is an antibiotic medication used to treat various bacterial infections. It belongs to a class of drugs known as cephalosporins, which are effective against a wide range of bacteria. Cefpodoxime works by inhibiting the growth and replication of bacteria, thereby helping the body’s immune system to fight off the infection.
Here are some common uses of Cefpodoxime:
1. Respiratory Tract Infections: Cefpodoxime may be prescribed for infections such as bronchitis, pneumonia, and sinusitis.
2. Ear and Throat Infections: It can be used to treat infections of the ear, tonsils, and throat.
3. Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs): Cefpodoxime is effective against certain bacteria causing UTIs.
4. Skin and Soft Tissue Infections: It may be prescribed for skin infections, including cellulitis and impetigo.
5. Gonorrhea: Cefpodoxime can be used to treat uncomplicated gonorrhea, a sexually transmitted infection.
Cefpodoxime is available in various forms, including tablets and oral suspension. The specific dosage and duration of treatment will depend on the type and severity of the infection, as well as the individual patient’s age and medical history.
Important considerations when taking Cefpodoxime include:
– Follow your healthcare provider’s instructions carefully.
– Take the full course of antibiotics, even if you start feeling better before it’s completed, to ensure that the infection is completely treated.
– Inform your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking to avoid potential interactions.
– Be aware of potential side effects, which can include upset stomach, diarrhea, and, less commonly, allergic reactions. If you experience severe or unusual side effects, contact your healthcare provider.
Cefpodoxime is generally well-tolerated and effective for treating bacterial infections, but it should only be used as prescribed by a healthcare professional. If you have any specific questions or concerns about Cefpodoxime, it’s essential to discuss them with your healthcare provider, as they can provide you with personalized guidance based on your medical needs.